“The breadth of our experience is matched only by the diversity of our clients.”
George H. T. Dudley, Founding Member
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our transactional practices include the following:
- Business Formation and Licensing – The attorneys of DNF can help you select an appropriate business entity, prepare and file the necessary documents and assist with compliance with all local laws necessary to get your business up and running.
- Corporate Formation and Acquisitions – DNF Represents a wide spectrum of business interests in the U.S. Virgin Islands with a focus on negotiating contracts for acquisitions or dispositions, navigating business development or restructuring and regulatory approvals, tax planning, and, when required, securing appropriate financial credit arrangements from lenders.
- Financial Services – DNF has extensive experience representing banks, mortgage companies and lending institutions of all types, including commercial and residential loan closings, legal compliance, advice on workouts, disposition of REO, etc.
- Tax Benefit Applications and Compliance – DNF is well-positioned to assist its clients in qualifying for the U.S. Virgin Islands’ unique tax benefit programs, the Economic Development program and the RT Park program.
- Labor and Employment (Employer) – DNF represents major employers with union negotiations and general labor and employment advice.
- Real Estate Transactions – DNF provides a variety of services tailored to cover all aspects of real estate purchase, use and sale.
- Construction Law – DNF attorneys have extensive experience representing all segments of the construction industry, including owners, contractors and architects.
- Land Use – DNF will advise you and your business on zoning and land use regulations to assist you in securing the necessary entitlements for your development project.
- Regulatory and Administrative Law – DNF can help you and your business navigate the Virgin Islands regulatory landscape to make sure you are operating legally and effectively.
- Tax Law – DNF can help you in all of your tax related issues, including the unique Virgin Islands tax system and requirements.
- Trusts & Estates – DNF’s estate planning department assist clients with the design and implementation of their personal estate plans and wealth transfer strategies, including assistance with unique planning opportunities afforded by Virgin Islands residence.
- Probate – DNF’s probate department can represent you through the Virgin Islands probate process, whether the estate is small and simple or large and complex. DNF can also assist where a dispute exists with the estate that will require litigation services.